Paul Hargreaves has been working in the advertising field for almost 40 years. Although originally schooled in the discipline of graphic design, his development as a writer and strategist have more directly shaped the course of his career. In 1982, he founded Hargreaves Advertising, which later became Hargreaves Charbonneau & Associates – a company that grew under his creative and strategic influence to become one of southwestern Ontario’s largest agencies, servicing clients in Windsor, New York, Connecticut, Florida and Ireland, with annual billings in excess of $12 million. He left the agency in 2004 to found Hargreaves Stewart Inc. In 2016, he launched The Hargreaves Studio.
Paul offers extensive experience in a variety of senior roles, including creative director, advertising copy chief, and staff photographer. He is also intimately involved in strategic brand planning.
He is a published author of short and long-form creative fiction. He is married with three grown children, holds a private pilot’s license and is fluently bilingual (but currently a little rusty) in French.
PROFESSIONAL ART & DESIGN BACKGROUND
- Seasoned marketing/design professional and business founder/leader
- Almost 40 years experience serving local, regional, national and international clients
- Founder and past President of Hargreaves Charbonneau & Associates 1982-2002
- Founder and President of Hargreaves Stewart Inc. (and its subsidiaries) 2003-2017
- Value of client budgets managed: +$100 million
- Highly proficient writer (commercial and fiction), photographer, designer and artist
- Musician: winner of several national competitions as an adolescent (percussion)
- Occasional sessional design instructor, St. Clair College (Windsor)
- Aircraft owner/operator; licensed pilot
- Fluent in French and English
- Past member, Board of Directors, Windsor YMCA
- Past member, Board of Directors, Windsor Flying Club
- Past member, Steering Committee, Go For Health Windsor Essex
- Past member, Board of Directors, Alzheimer Society of Ontario
- Past member, Board of Directors, United Way, Windsor Essex County
- Member, Board of Directors, Windsor Yacht Club (2018 Fleet Captain)
- Dozens of industry awards for design, layout and writing, 1982-2012
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal, 2012